Monday, April 12, 2010

Fantabulous Flapjacks


Submitted by Stacey Hutchings

These are the flapjacks we give out every Christmas. This rotates my oats, flour, and dry milk, and keeps all my baking powder and cinnamon fresh because I go through it so much.

For the mix:

4 cups quick oats
2 cups flour
2 cups whole wheat flour (if you grind your own wheat, I would store the mix in the fridge or freezer)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup dry milk (don't use instant--use the stuff from the cannery)
3 Tablespoons baking powder
2 Tablespoons cinnamon
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar

Stir all ingredients in a large bowl, place in an airtight container until ready to use.

To make flapjacks:

2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup oil
2 cups mix
1 cup water

Blend together eggs and oil. Stir in mix and water, alternately. Cook and eat!

3 comments:

  1. These are so yummy! Everyone needs to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so yummy. My family LOVES them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is my favorite pancake mix. I am always trying to add nutrients, and cut fat, so I add applesauce, or pumpkin (or other winter squash, cooked and mashed), or mashed bananas instead of the oil. Always delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors