Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Bajio Chicken

Submitted by Julie Twitchell

Okay, so I have to admit, I haven't been to Bajio in years. I am not sure this is what their chicken tastes like, but this chicken is really yummy. I found the recipe here. I love cooking in the crock pot in the Summer-anything to keep the house from getting too hot. And sometimes I even put the crock pot in the garage (covered with a towel) so the kitchen doesn't get hot at all.
  • 5 chicken breasts
  • 1/2 Cup salsa
  • 1 TB cumin
  • 1/2 Cup brown sugar
  • 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chilies
  • 6 oz. Sprite(1/2 can)
Combine all ingredients in a crock pot. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Remove chicken and shred. Return to crock pot and cook 1 more hour. Thicken the juices with a little cornstarch mixed in water.
Serve with flour tortilla, lettuce, cheese, black beans and any other taco fixings. It you want it spicier rather than sweeter, add a hotter salsa and more green chilies.
Cook's Note: I served it in a fresh tortilla from Costco, rice, black beans, lettuce and olives. I think it would taste really good on a garden salad.

2 comments:

  1. Bajio is my FAVORITE! I can't wait to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fabulous. I served it to my In-laws with spanish rice, beans, guacamole, cheese, lettuce etc.. Steve and I could not stop eating it. Thank you Julie for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors