Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sweet Zucchini Cupcakes


Submitted by Julie Twitchell
I have been trying to find different ways to use up my zucchini. I found this recipe on the Martha Stewart website. When I saw the picture, I knew I had to make them. You can never go wrong with cream cheese frosting! They are really yummy and my kids even liked them without the frosting--crazy, I know.

  • 3 Cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1 Cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts(optional)
  • 3 Cup grated zucchini
  • 1 Cup vegetable oil
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 TB pure vanilla extract
  • 2 Cup brown sugar
Cream Cheese frosting:

  • 4 TB room temperature unsalted butter
  • 4 oz. room temperature cream cheese
  • 2 Cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • (I also added 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cups of 2 standard (12-cup) muffin tin with paper or foil liners. Set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. 
  3. In another bowl, whisk together oil, eggs and vanilla; whisk in brown sugar until smooth. Stir in grated zucchini. Add to flour mixture, and mix just until combined (do not over mix). Add walnuts.
  4. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 20 minutes.
  5. Cool in tin on a wire rack for 10 minutes; turn cupcakes out, right side up, and cool completely. Meanwhile, make the frosting. The frosted cupcakes are best eaten within 1 day.
Printable Version

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors