Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mixed Berry Fruit Compote

Submitted by Stacey Hutchings

It is my humble opinion that the only thing better than chocolate is warm fruit. It's soooooo good. I made this fruit compote for our Relieved Society Breakfast to go with Mat's wonderful crepes. It would be fabulous over pound cake, ice cream, brownies, a flour-less chocolate cake, flapjacks ... I think I could go on forever. Try it soon and have a little bit of absolute heaven!

16 oz bag of frozen berries (I used raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries)
1/4 cup sugar
pinch of salt (I like kosher salt)
juice of half a lemon
2 teaspoons cornstarch

Pour berries, sugar, salt and lemon juice into a medium saucepan. Over medium heat, bring to a boil. Simmer for a few minutes. This will release lots of juices. Take a few tablespoons of that juice and put it in a small bowl. Mix in the cornstarch until it is completely dissolved. Pour mixture back into the pan and cook a few more minutes, until it has thickened slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors