Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Eclair Cake


Submitted by Julie Twitchell
I found this recipe about a month ago. I have been dying to try it. I love eclairs but they are way too much work. This recipe is really quite simple. My husband is not a chocolate fan, but he had 2 pieces tonight.
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1 Cup water
  • 1 Cup flour
  • 4 eggs
On the stove, melt the butter. Whisk in the water and then the flour. Once incorporated, add the eggs. Once well mixed, pour into a greased cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 23-25 minutes. Then let completely cool.
  • 2 small pkg. instant vanilla pudding
  • 8 ounces of cream cheese(softened)
  • 3 Cups milk
Mix together all the ingredients. Let set in a fridge for about 30 minutes. Then remove and spread on cooled eclair.
  • 1 small container of Cool Whip
Spread over pudding mixture.
  • 1/2 Cup chocolate chips (I used milk, but I am sure you could use semi sweet)
  • 3 TB milk
  • 2 TB butter
  • 1 Cup powdered sugar
Melt in a microwavable bowl the chocolate chips and butter. Then stir in the milk and powdered sugar. Once well incorporated, drizzle on top of the whip cream. Put in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!
Cook's Note: I definately think you could half the recipe. Just use a 9 x 13 pan instead of a cookie sheet. I think next time I make it, I will use two 9 x 13 pans so I can cover it without messing up the top. It would transport better that way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors