Monday, December 13, 2010

Eggnog Bundt Cake

Submitted by Julie Twitchell

Do you like eggnog? I really do enjoy it, but I always mix mine with a little Sprite. My hubby does not like eggnog, but he thought this cake was wonderful. I got this recipe from the Sisters Cafe blog. Oh my word! It is so delicious. The caramel sauce adds a great flavor, but I bet you could serve it with just whipped cream and it would still be wonderful.
  • 1 yellow cake mix (preferably with pudding in the mix)
  • 3 TB flour
  • 2 Cup eggnog
  • 1/4 Cup butter, softened
  • 2 eggs, slightly beaten
  • 1/4 tsp. rum extract
  • 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
Beat ingredients until smooth and creamy. Pour into greased bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar for presentation.
Caramel Sauce:
  • 1/2 pound brown sugar (1 1/8 Cup)
  • 1/2 pound butter(2 sticks)
  • 1/2 pound powdered sugar (2 cups)
  • 1/2 TB cinnamon
  • 1/2 qt. rich vanilla ice cream--that's right, we are melting ice cream :)
Melt together over medium heat. Pour warm over individual servings immediately before serving.
Cook's Note: I halved the caramel sauce recipe and still had plenty.

1 comment:

Contributors