Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookie

Submitted by Julie Twitchell


I have seen these beauties around a lot this week. My kids wanted cookies today, so I had to try them. Here is where I got the idea from. Although I didn't use her recipe. I decided to use my own favorite sugar cookie recipe. I think these are easier than snickerdoodles, because you don't have to roll individual cookies. And these look so much cuter than a regular cookie. You have got to try them!

Your favorite sugar cookie recipe or here is one:

2/3 Cup butter
3/4 Cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
4 tsp. milk
2 Cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

Cinnamon/Sugar mixture:
1/2 Cup sugar
1 TB cinnamon

Glaze:
1 Cup powdered sugar
1 TB milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Mix butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, and milk. Then add flour, baking powder and salt. Roll out into a rectangle(11x20). Spread softened butter (1/4 cup)on top, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. The Picky Palate used brown sugar and cinnamon, which I am sure works really well too. Roll up tight like you would to make cinnamon rolls. Cut with a sharp knife every 1/2 inch. Place on a greased cookie sheet or a pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. When cool, drizzle glaze on top. Enjoy!

This recipe makes 30 cinnamon roll cookies.

Printable Version

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors