Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Irish Soda Bread Update


Post submitted by Stacey Hutchings

Okay, the Irish Soda Bread I submitted is okay, but I've never been that thrilled with it. I had a TON of left-over buttermilk and when I heard that Ina Garten had done one on FoodTV, I thought I would try hers. I've never made a recipe of hers that I didn't like, and HOLY COW this one did not disappoint. It is sooooo good. Alas, it has raisins in it (I didn't have currants, so I used raisins) and that means only Mat and I will eat it. It makes a HUGE loaf. So if anyone wants to come over to the house and get a slice, they are welcome to it. I'm not going to post her recipe because it says at the top "all rights reserved", but here's the link to it. I'm going to have to try tweaking the other one because I like the savory/caraway seed-ness of it, but I think it's cooked too long or something. Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors