Friday, March 19, 2010

Marinara Pasta Bake

This made a TON last night. I think the bow tie took up more room than I had planned. It was a little dry, but sometimes that happens when you try to double a recipe. If I did it again, I would increase the sauce or decrease the noodles--probably decrease the noodles because it was way too full in the pan.


1 pound ground beef
2 cans diced tomatoes (or 1 quart tomatoes)
1 pkg Spaghetti dry mix(you can use any brand)
1 can tomato sauce
1 box bow tie noodles
1 Cup water( I usually just use the empty tomato sauce can)
  • Brown beef and drain fat. Mix in tomatoes, spaghetti mix and tomato sauce. I use my immersion blender because Tyler doesn't like big chunks of meat or tomatoes.
  • Cook noodles to al dente. In a 9 x 13 pan, pour noodles and cover with sauce. Bake at 275 for 20 minutes or serve immediately. You can also sprinkle with mozzarella or Parmesan cheese.
  • At our house, we don't bake it--my boys won't eat any kind of sauce. So I just cook the noodles(we usually do angel hair or thin spaghetti) and then pour sauce over noodles and eat.

1 comment:

Contributors