Thursday, June 10, 2010

Double Chocolate Banana Bread

Submitted by Julie Twitchell

I discovered a new recipe blog this week. Heaven help me. I already have a list of 10-15 recipes to try. My husband doesn't like chocolate and since he is out of town, this is what is for dinner tonight :)

1 Cup sugar
2 eggs
1/3 Cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 Cup mashed bananas (about 3)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 Cup flour
1/2 Cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Cup semi sweet chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)

  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom of 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
  2. Beat sugar, eggs and oil in large bowl at medium speed until combined. Beat in bananas and vanilla at low speed.
  3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add to banana mixture at low speed just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
  4. Spoon batter into pan. Bake 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.

Cook's Note: This is really filling. My kids usually eat 2-3 slices of banana bread, but tonight, they could only eat one slice. I used only 3/4 Cup chocolate chips and it was still really chocolatey, but we loved it.

1 comment:

Contributors