Friday, June 11, 2010

Egg Pie

Submitted by Julie Twitchell

I got this recipe from my brother. He made these for his son's baby blessing brunch. They were so delicious that we made another one the very next day.
  • 1 pie crust 8-10 inch (homemade or store bought)
  • Basic Filling:
  • 5 eggs
  • 1/2 Cup half and half
  • 1/3 Cup cheddar cheese
  • Extras:
  • 1/3 Cup hash browns(I used dehydrated ones from Costco)
  • 1/2 Cup ham steak cut into cubes(you could use bacon or sausage)
  • 1 can green chilies (I don't think I used the whole can)(optional)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix eggs, half and half until well mixed. Fold in ham.

  2. Place pie crust in pie pan. Layer with hash browns, eggs mixture, green chilies and then cheese on top. Place pie pan on a cookie sheet to prevent spillage in your oven.

  3. Bake for 1 hour or until cheese is lightly brown.

Cook's Note: You will need to be careful to not fill the pie with too many extras. The first time I made this, I think I went a little overboard with the hash browns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors